What five things should you do to get ready to buy in 2018? Find out here.
You know I love sharing with you my thoughts about real estate, so today I want to talk about what you should do if you’re getting ready to buy a house in 2018.
This past year was amazing. It was fast and furious, and if you weren’t ready, then you lost out. I want to help you get ready for 2018.
As a buyer, the most important thing you can do is get ready now. These are my tips for you:
1. Check your credit score. You can talk to your mortgage lender about this. They have ways to help you. If you have concerns about something such as a debt, for example, they can help find a way to raise your score.
2. Don’t open any new credit cards. That will actually go against your credit score
3. Keep tabs on the interest rates. They’re still really great, and I anticipate going into this year that it’s still going to be a strong selling season. Keep an eye on them, though, because as they go up, so does your mortgage, and it will affect what you can be pre-approved for.
4. Speak to a mortgage lender and find out how much you can be pre-approved for. Also, ask them what materials are required for that process. Most often they’ll ask for two years of tax returns, three months of bank statements, and information on your IRA, 401(k), or any brokerage accounts. They also want to see a list of all your debts, credit cards, student loans, car loans, alimony statements, and a list of your assets.
5. Interview a few Realtors. If you don’t already have one you trust, interview a few different ones and see who you click with. Hire one who is full-time in the business, who is going to be on the lookout for you.
If you have any questions or need help, we’d be happy to assist you. Feel free to give us a call!